Sunday, 27 April 2014

Week 8 - 123D Catch Update

We have been working quite hard on our illustrator file recently, so I thought it was important that the 123D Catch component of our assignment not be left behind. So I've done some work exporting our model once again after some issues last time. It was once again a difficult process with the program crashing twice during export. Once exported I realised it was in a format called GDP. This is a really strange format and I assume only used by Autodesk programs. I was able to export from 123d Catch again in a obj. and mtl. format. Using a program called MeshLab I was able to remove the extra mesh and reduce the amount of polygons in the design. The final output is pretty good, better then I had expected. There are obvious issues with the mesh like holes but hopefully during the next weeks these will be fixed.







These images where taken post clean up and reduction of polygons in MeshLab.







Animation from 123D Catch

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Joshua Nicholson | ARCH1392 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis