Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Week 5 - Creating the sketchy lines

This proved to be significantly harder then we expected. Using Live Trace was very helpful and made our job easier. However we had some troubles with the colours, Live trace simply finds anything that is not white and makes a vector drawing of it. It does not consider colour or opacity, so we had to go back to Photoshop and create individual layers with the different colours and density's.
Darkest Lines



Medium Lines

Lightest Lines


By dividing the lines into their colours and weights we were able to create live traces on different levels and colour each level differently. When Russell was drawing the sketch of his motorbike his pen pressure and movement was inconsistent throughout the sketch, that is why we required different layers and colours.
Original Image
New Image



I took a chronolapse of my slow progression in achieving this sketchy result, I think this will demonstrate just how much effort I put in to achieve a good result.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Joshua Nicholson | ARCH1392 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis