It was a challenging process to create a clean 3D model from models taken from 123D Catch. 123D Catch has a good exporting process which allows you to take the model out in an .obj format with materials applied. The model supplied by Russell (the Honda) generated a more accurate and defined model in 123D catch compared to our model of the MV Augusta. This may have been due to the quality of photo taken or the lack of photos.
I originally tried to edit the model in 3DS Max, but I had issues with editing the model as I couldn't create cut lines through the model. When I selected the model to edit it, the materials became difficult to see.
As it can be seen above it became extremely difficult to view the model and figure out where to cut.
So instead I took the model into sketchup. This was a horrible process. Everything I did didn't work, it would either bring in the model with no textures or apply the textures incorrectly upon the model. Finally I found a plugin the worked with Sketchup 2014 which was successful in bringing in the model with textures.
These are the results of what I was able to create |
![]() |
| Perspective |
![]() |
| Top |
![]() |
| Front |
![]() |
| Left |
![]() |
| Back |
![]() |
| Right |
SketchFab 3D model







0 comments:
Post a Comment